The school attendance target is 96% - no child should drop below this without very good reason. Pupil attendance is monitored daily by Ms Rai, our ‘Pastoral Manager’ and un-explained absences are followed up with telephone calls and home visits.
Time off from school during term time is not a right…the head teacher cannot authorise absence for holidays or family trips abroad.
Value your child’s place at Rookery – or you may lose it!
- Tell the school in advance when the child is going to be absent or late e.g.: if they are going into hospital, visiting the dentist. Always try and book appointments in the holidays if possible.
- Inform the school over the telephone, or by sending a note, during the time their child is absent stating the reason for the absence e.g.: illness, visiting the doctor, etc.
- Send a note with their child when they return to school explaining the reason for the absence.
We monitor and celebrate achievement in attendance by:
- Awarding certificates and prizes to individual children who have 100% attendance for the term and year.
- Colour coding class attendance and awarding certificates as follows in Friday assemblies:
Red: 90% or below is poor Yellow: 91-94% is below average
Green: 95-96% is good Blue: 97% or above is outstanding